A Year in Seoul - video by Maddy

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Englishee Speechee Contestuh













Last week we had a Speech Contest for our 3rd and 4th graders. About twenty students were forced by their parents -I mean volunteered - to write elaborate speeches in English and then spend every waking moment memorizing them. They then had the privelage of reciting their speeches for a room full of teachers all in the hopes of being named number one.


The results were nothing less than adorable, and after a week of correcting and typing speeches I got to sit back and enjoy the show. I was really impressed with how well the students did. Here are some pictures and a very short video that I managed to take in between my judging duties. Enjoy!










1 comment:

  1. im jealous i wish i had the 3rd and 4th graders! i got stuck with 5th and 6th grade and had to watch some bizarre speaches (the solar system? modern dance in LA? how to make animation?) they also werent impressed with my judging abilities. isnt being cute and adorable an important criteria?

    ReplyDelete